Today’s recipe takes under 30 minutes to make and is a great snack to munch on when you’re craving something crunchy. Granola clusters! I tend to stay away from store bought brands because there’s a ton of syrups, sugar, flour and who knows what else! These clusters go great on yogurt, berries or just by themselves! They’re so yummy I can’t wait for you guys to try!
Nutty Granola Clusters
Yields: 3 – 3.5 cups
3/4 cups of rolled oats
1/4 cup of brown sugar (or more, your preference)
1/4 cup of shredded coconut
3 table spoons of pumpkin seeds
1 egg white
2 teaspoons of water
2 cups of nuts of your choice (I used walnuts, almonds and cashews)
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Combine oats, sugar, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, salt and cinnamon into a blender. Pulse the ingredients until they are at the halfway point of becoming a floury texture.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
- Whisk the egg white and water until foamy.
- Generously toss the nuts into the egg white mixture until EVERY nut is coated. This step is important!
- Add in the mixture from the blender and toss but don’t over do it or else they don’t come out in clusters out of the oven. Approximately 5-6 tosses with your hands.
- Lay the mixture onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper and pop it into the oven for 12-15 minutes.
I like to toss some blueberries and hydrated chia seeds together and coat it with my granola. Bananas go well with them too!
If you’re feeling like going for an extra health kick, add in a teaspoon of ground flaxseed.