I was looking for a fast and easy breakfast recipe for Jessica after loosing a poker bet with her the night before. In the end, I decided to make a paleo-friendly dish for Jessica by baking an egg inside an avocado, accompanied with an apple cucumber salad. For myself, I made a fried egg with mashed avocado sandwich.
Baked Eggs in Avocados
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
2. Slice the avocado in half and take a spoon to scoop out the pit and part of the flesh. Make sure it can hold exactly one egg in each. Season with whatever spices you like. Here, I used Schwartz’s Fry Seasoning.
3. Place them in a baking tray, and crack an egg into each avocado half.
4. Place the avocados in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes (timing may vary depending on the size of your avocado). But you can check on it at the 12 minute mark to see if the egg has been cooked through.
5. Take the avocadoes out of the oven and let it cool. I personally recommend serving with a side of Sriacha Sauce.
Apple Cucumber Salad
1. Slice an apple and half a cucumber into strips, lengthwise.
2. Toss with lemon juice, and JC Miso dressing. This dressing has been used in my family for the past 5 years and we honestly put it on any raw vegetable. It has a flavourful miso taste that is highyl addictive.