Honey Lemon Chicken Wings is a simple and tasty dish. You make everything in one pot. You get a fistful of flavours, the umami from the dark soy sauce, the sweet honey, the sour from the zesty lemon, and the earthy thyme. It’s time to step away from the grill or the deep fryer to try a new take on chicken wings. Serve with a side of herbed mashed potatoes for a hearty meal.
I particularly like this dish because the sauce is absolutely delicious. I added onions, enoki mushrooms, and orange bell peppers to the dish to make it a complete dinner. I made dish once before for Jessica, but did not have lemons at the time. I opted to use lime slices instead, which caused a very bitter after-taste. So if you’re thinking of substituting lemon with limes, I would urge you to reconsider.
Total Preptime: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes | Yields: 2 Servings
- 2 pounds of Chicken Wings (preferably drumettes)
- 5 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp of Honey
- 1 Lemon, Sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of parsley
- Thyme sprigs
- 3 tbsp of water
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- ½ red onion, finely sliced (Optional)
- 1 cup of enoki mushrooms (Optional)
- 1 orange bell pepper (Optional)
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat up your pan on medium to high heat, and sear the chicken with garlic and thyme until they turn golden brown. If you a complete meal, add finely sliced red onions and let it sweat for 5 minutes before adding the chicken.
- Add the honey, soy sauce to the pan and reduce for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour 3 tbsp of water and lemon into the pan. You’re going to let the chicken steam along with the fragrant lemon.
- Optional: In the last 5 minutes add the enoki mushrooms and orange bell pepper into the pan and mix it thoroughly.
- Serve the herbed mashed potatoes. You will not be disappointed with the sauce.