I was inspired by Sorted Food, a British YouTube channel that makes online cooking videos, to make this Pavlova. I have to admit, it was a little difficult mainly because the meringue was not as stiff as it should be. So if you ever attempt meringue, here are some key tips and tricks. (1) Always use room temperate eggs, the meringue will not be stiff if your eggs are cold (2) You need to whisk at high speeds when you make meringue. Right now would be a great time to get that KitchenAid Mixer (3) As odd as this is, put in a little white vinegar to the meringue because it will make it shine.
Pavlova is a great dessert to impress and is quite easy to make. You can even make it ahead of time and serve it after dinner.
Total Preptime: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 60 minutes | Yields: 8 Servings
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup of white sguar
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 5 tbsp of grated dark chocolate
- 1 tsp of white vinegar
- Handful of strawberries
- Handful of blackberries
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 320 degrees F
- Cut up your strawberries or whatever you wish into bit size pieces
- Whisk your egg whites until you have soft peaks
- Slowly add sugar into the egg whites until you start seeing stiff peaks, usually for 5-8 minutes.
- Add in your cornstarch, and white vinegar and fold the mixture in.
- Grate some dark chocolate and mix it with the meringue.
- Bake for 1 hour in the oven and let it cool for 1 hour afterwards
- Whip your heavy cream until you have soft peaks.
- Spread on your pavlova (now coooled) and decorate with the berries