I decided to make cookies yet again because they are so good and so simple. This time, I made a very soft and chewy chocolate orange cookie. I enjoyed the taste in particular mainly because the fresh orange zest adds big flavor. These are perfect for casual snacking. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Don’t forget to check out our cookies tips and tricks post.
Total Preptime: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 10-11 minutes | Yields: 20 Pieces
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of chocolate chunks
- pinch of salt
- 3 teaspoons of freshly grated orange zest
- 2 sheets of parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter, brown and white sugar until fluffy. You can put the butter in the microwave or leave it at room temperature before you do.
- Add your egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine your dry ingredients, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add in your chocolate chunks and orange zest
- Roll into 1.5 to 2 inch balls and place them on your baking tray.
- Bake in your oven for 10-11 minutes and let it cool.